July 18, 2023

The summer of smoke

July 17, 2023

As I write this, Canada is ablaze with wildfires. 

The smoke from the Canadian wildfires has drifted south to cover the east coast of the US. I've been outside and I can smell smoke. The smoky haze is enough to block the sunlight. Do we want to discuss the impact this smoke may have on our environment? No discussion is needed. We can see it. It is getting progressively worse as the day wears on. 

I don't know why the Canadians can't seem to extinguish these fires. 

I sat in my garden a little while ago and pondered on what I want to do differently next year. My garden is small so I need to make good use of the space, which I didn't really do this year. Then I wondered if it was a good idea to plan ahead. The smoke from these wildfires is going to have lasting repercussions. 

There is a part of me that wonders if the climate change advocates are sitting back and gleefully rubbing their hands together over the wildfires. The longer they allow these fires to burn, the more opportunities they will have for media coverage.

My own personal opinion is that Canadian prime minister Justin Trudeau is a fucking idiot. These fires play precisely into his ideology. It's possible the longer the fires rage, the better he sees his political position. This leads to questions I'd better not put into print. 

Maybe next year, no one will be able to grow food. One thing I believe about all left-wing liberals is if they can't control it, they will burn it down. Would that extend to their own country? 

I will always remember 2023 as the summer of smoke. I have questions about this that will not be forgotten even if not answered. 

To have hundreds of fires burning at the same time across the entire width and breadth of Canada reeks of a coordinated effort to burn the country to the ground. 

Collateral damage in the United States? Well, that's just a little bonus. 

The Lady of the Hideaway


Holly Tree Manor, The Hideaway, Canadian wildfires, smoky haze, questions of ideology, food production, 

No comments: