January 15, 2021

Red sky at morning, January 15, 2021

A few weeks ago I commented on a lovely sunrise. This morning's puts that one to shame. I happened to glance out a north-facing window and noted how red the clouds looked, then grabbed my phone and stepped out on the office porch, which is on the south side of the house. It was spectacular! I even managed to shoot a very short video of it. 

Questioning Himself provided a bit more information. He tuned in to the Weather Channel, and sure enough, we have precipitation headed our way. It could be rain or it could be snow. It's the middle of January so it could go either way in our local climate. 

The lovely sky faded to shades of gray, and it's been windy all day, so much so the dog is not going to get much of a walk. Even he doesn't need to be outside in the wind. 

And so I sip coffee laced with my homemade coffee liquor and write and wait to see what may come. It's a good way to spend the afternoon. 

The Lady of Holly Tree Manor





No comments: