February 6, 2022

Apparently, it's difficult to let go


I learned a new phrase: contract knowledge. It wasn't what I thought, that being someone who has knowledge of contracts. As it was suggested to me, it's someone who retires but agrees her replacement can continue to call her for assistance at an agreed-upon rate.

Let's just say that blind-sided me. What part of RETIRED do you folks not understand? 

As of today, February 6, 2022, I have no more than 57 workdays left at my place of employment. With a few vacation days due me, Friday, May 27, is my very last day. It could even end up being May 20. We shall see. 

This notion that they will be able to call me for help is for THEIR convenience, not mine. I've already put it out that I do not carry my cellphone with me everywhere I go here at The Hideaway. If I'm outside, it's not in a pocket where it could get damaged. If I agree to their proposal, it has to be at MY convenience. 

I'm not hardwired to be one of these people who can't let go when it's time to move on. I've seen a lot of pain caused by people who can't let go and force relationships into a swamp, and I refuse to allow myself into those situations. 

I think a clean break is best, but perhaps I should give them until the end of this calendar year. It has been a good job with an excellent pension. What I won't do is sign paper on the deal. If they won't trust me, there is no deal. 

It feels good to be the one in the "position of power."

The Lady of Holly Tree Manor (The Hideaway)


No comments: