May 18, 2024

Will this be a Herculean task?

Our shed was the domain of the Lord of the Manor. I stored gardening "stuff" in the space he allotted me, but the shed was his Man Cave. I paid just enough attention to be able to find any items I needed and I kept my mouth shut. Now it's my shed alone and I say it needs to be organized. 

So many things are clustered down low so he could reach them. I understand that. He did rather well in finding work-arounds to his mobility issues. Now it's up to me to sort through and organize it all. 

This will be a Herculean task. There are over thirty years of accumulation of tools, implements, and equipment in the shed. He kept a lot of things because he knew how to repair them - but he never did. I need to test everything to make sure it works. New shelving is needed, and it seems I need to obtain a good assortment of pegboard hooks. The space between the studs can be better utilized, too, as shelves for smaller items I may want to keep handy. Heck, I may even scrounge up some white paint for a few areas. 

It's going to be a big job, but in the end, I'll have a space I can work in. I may even be able to store the X370 inside year-round instead of under the carport in the summer. We'll have to see if that works. 

I'd like to say I can complete this job in an organized manner, but I know better. It will be accomplished quite haphazardly, a little here, a little there, and back again. In the end, it'll get done and I hope he would approve. Actually, I know he would. 

The Lady of Holly Tree Manor/The Hideaway


Holly Tree Manor, The Hideaway, organization, garden sheds, life after loss, rural living, country lifestyle. a writer's life, women alone, shelving, tools, equipment, John Deere x370

No comments: