May 27, 2024

That was close!


A line of severe thunderstorms barreled through our area last night. I'd seen the radar and knew it was coming sometime after 10 PM. About eleven-thirty, Deuce jumped to his paws and barked like someone was coming up the lane. I have a sensor that dings if that happens, and it was silent, but I knew he heard something. This morning I discovered what.

I always take Deuce out between six and seven every morning. What greeted us was a large tree limb in the middle of the parking area. No wonder the dog raised hell about it! I'll need to put the Brush Crusher 4200 on the tractor to move that to the brush pile. 

I can do that. I'm just grateful it missed hitting my Colorado. That would have made me very unhappy! 

When you live in the woods you expect these things to happen, but it seems the wind is getting worse. I suppose it's a direct result of the solar maximum and the solar flares. There's nothing much we can do except trim the trees closest to the house. Like I need more firewood at this point. (I don't.)

The branch will lie there until tomorrow. Another line of storms and rain is bearing down on us, and I'm not going to be sitting outside on a big chunk of metal when it gets here.

The Lady of Holly Tree Manor/The Hideaway


Holly Tree Manor, The Hideaway, storm damage, John Deere 1023, Brush Crusher 4200, country lifestyle, rural living, solar maximum, guard dogs, a writer's life

No comments: