January 7, 2020

January snow

two holly trees in snow

It snowed today. Not a lot, and it certainly didn't impact the roads or my schedule. It was one of those soft, wet, clingy snows that turned the mountain white. 

I just took Deuce outside for his last trip of the day, and I was struck by the silence. The sky had cleared and Orion was rising. There was no wind and no noise. There was peace. 

This is where I'm supposed to be. I watched the snow fall today via security monitors at the day job. It wasn't until I got home that I could truly experience the wonder of the snow coming down, smell the newly cleaned air, and listen to the quiet. All the technology in the world can't replicate how it feels to be outside when it's snowing. 

It's not quite cold enough for this snow to last long. By the weekend, it will be gone and we'll be preparing for the next one, which likely won't be so gentle with us. Mother Nature does give us clues if you know what to look for. 

The Lady of Holly Tree Manor

No comments: